Scrabble® GO Design Your Own Tile Contest
Presented by Scopely
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY. AS EXPLAINED BELOW, THE RULES REQUIRE THAT DISPUTES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS CONTEST BE RESOLVED IN ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, RATHER THAN BY CLASS ACTIONS OR JURY TRIALS, AND LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
- CONTEST PERIOD: The Scrabble® GO Design Your Own Tile Contest Presented by Scopely (the “Contest”) begins on September 19th, 2022, and ends on October 2nd, 2022 11:59 pm PDT (“Contest Period”). The Sponsor of this Contest is Scopely, Inc. (“Sponsor”). The Administrator of this Contest is The Concept Studio, LLC (“Administrator”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to all individuals except for those who reside in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Colombia, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, North Korea, Myanmar, Oman, Philippines, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Sudan, Syria, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the State of Tamil Nadu, India; the province of Quebec, Canada; New South Wales, Australia, Northern Ireland and countries subject to U.S. export control restrictions and sanctions; countries embargoed by the U.S.; or countries that have been designated by the U.S. government as “terrorist supporting” countries, and any other nation, state, canton or province where prohibited or restricted by U.S. law or the laws of such nation, state, canton or province. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the social media account identified in the entrant’s entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed the natural person in whose name the account associated with the entry was opened. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder associated with the entry. Employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, Administrator (as defined below), Scopely, Inc., and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries, agents, representatives, and participating promotion and advertising agencies and any entity which is involved in any aspect of the creation, production, operation, execution or fulfillment of the Contest and their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, and representatives are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Immediate Family and Household Members (defined below) of such individuals are also not eligible to enter or win. For purposes of the Contest, “Household Members” shall mean those people who share the same residence at least three months a year, and “Immediate Family Members” shall mean parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses. Subject to all applicable laws. Void where prohibited by law.
- HOW TO ENTER: You must have an Internet-connected mobile device, have the Scrabble® GO mobile game application downloaded to your device, and be an active player during the Contest Period to participate. Mobile game app available on iOS and Android. If you do not have the app you may download it for free on the App Store or Google Play stores. Data usage charges may apply.
To enter the Contest, players of the Scrabble® GO mobile game will receive an in-game message(s) during the contest period containing the link to a post on the official Scrabble® GO Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ScrabbleGO with the following steps to enter:
You can use the provided template (the template will be available to download from the Facebook post) or simply submit your design from your sketchbook.
The main design for a Scrabble GO Tile is for the back of the Tile. However, as seen in the Snowtime Collection example, you can also add some design elements to the front of the tile.
There is no limit to the number of designs you can submit
Upload your design here https://scrb.ly/DesignYourOwnTile
Creating a Facebook account is free and can be done at facebook.com.
All Entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified are considered “Eligible Entries”. All Entry materials become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor. Entries will not be returned. By making a video submission, you hereby grant to Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, and worldwide license to use and display the Entry. Further, by submitting an entry, you give Scopely the right to use the entry for any other promotional purposes.
- WINNER SELECTION / JUDGING PERIOD: Contestants are judged based on their submitted design of a Scrabble GO tile. The criteria for the judges are as follows:
- Theme Fit / Understandability (Fall & Autumn)
- Originality and fun of the Idea
- The Originality of the Art Style
Weighting will be equal for the above criteria where each category carries 25% of the final score. The Sponsor shall make the determination of the Winners based on the scores provided by the official judges, and such determination shall be final and binding. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Contest Period and the right to select fewer than the stated number of Winners, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Entries. Winners will be notified via in-game messaging. By taking part in this Contest you agree to be bound by these rules and all decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are final and binding on all aspects of the Contest.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: One Grand prize winner will be awarded their designed Scrabble piece to use within the Scrabble® GO game and have it added for other players to earn in a future challenge on the Scrabble® GO game. Winners will be notified via an in-game direct message.
No substitutions or transfers of a prize, except at the Sponsor’s discretion.
All federal, state, and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and/or use of the Prizes not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility. The odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of submissions during the contest period.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS/INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Contest and/or by accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree that Sponsor, the Administrator, Scopely Inc., their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, units, and divisions; and their advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers; each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees; and each of these companies and individuals’ respective successors, representatives and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) shall not be liable for any and all actions, claims, including any third party claims, injury, loss or damage, including death, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from or relating to the contest, including your Entry, participation in the contest, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. By participating in the contest and/or accepting any prize that you may be awarded, you agree to fully indemnify each Indemnified Party from any and all such claims by third parties without limitation. The Indemnified Parties shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, postage-due, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, garbled, or unintelligible entries, communications, or submissions, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical, computer, or app malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of an Entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by your participation in this contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize; (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the contest; (vi) any notifications or prize delivery to a winner that is undeliverable, returned, rejected or blocked due to reasons not attributable to Sponsor. The Indemnified Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any phone, computer, or other electronic device resulting from participating in, or accessing, or downloading information in connection with this contest, and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the contest should a virus, bug, computer or phone problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify, cancel, suspend or terminate the contest in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. In the event the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or of another manner/type, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, an act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, provincial, regional or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, the unavailability of Sponsor’s selected photographer or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the contest in its entirety or any affected portion thereof. If the contest or a particular portion thereof is canceled or terminated before the designated end date for any reason, the Sponsor may (if possible) perform a random drawing from among all eligible entries submitted as of the date/time of the event giving rise to the termination and that is in complete compliance with these Official Rules. This shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event the contest is so terminated or canceled. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. The sponsor may prohibit you from participating in the contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines you are attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE GAME (Scrabble® GO) OR RELATED WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that the information you provide in connection with entering the contest is being provided to the Sponsor and/or Administrator and not Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering, you authorize Sponsor, its affiliates and designees, and their respective agents and agencies to use your submitted design, your name, game name, voice, likeness, statements, photograph, biographical data, city, state, and country of residence for use in game (Scrabble GO), advertising and publicity purposes, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner’s list, if applicable, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. By entering, you also agree that your name, city, state, and country may be posted on the contest website or mobile website.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of California, United States of America, without giving effect to conflicts of law rules. If any of the provisions of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, participants waive their right to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial procedures in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with the contest, including waiver of the right to a jury trial.
- ARBITRATION: By participating in the contest, you agree that the exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between you and Sponsor or anyone associated with the production, development, or handling of this contest, of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of the contest or the terms of these Official Rules, shall be submitted individually, without resort to a class action, to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration, under its rules then in effect, in Culver City, California, USA, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred and that, unless prohibited by applicable law, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participants hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
- SPONSOR: Scopely Inc., 3530 Hayden Avenue, Suite A Culver City, CA 90232 USA. Website: scopely.com. Scrabble® GO Scopely Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- FOR WINNERS LIST and OFFICIAL RULES: All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and for the names of the Winners (first name and state) must be made by 11/2/22. For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rule(s) send a self-addressed stamped return envelope to: Scrabble® GO Design Your Own Tile Contest Official Winners, 606 Post Road East #693, Westport, CT 06880.
END OF OFFICIAL RULES